Week 3: Bottom Feeders and Underachievers Fight for Survival
If you think Week 3 describes the defending 2007 Grey Cup Champions - you're dreaming! Last week's action seriously stunned the Official AAFC S-Club CFL Pool with I (also a defending champion) being the only one to make any correct picks. And it's not even as if this week's picks are going to be any easier. Well, a few of them will be.
To kick off this week's action game 1 features Calgary visiting Montreal on Thursday at 7pm ET. Calgary can't stop Calvillo's train of insane passing accuracy and general dominance. Secondly, if there even needs to be a secondary argument, Montreal is playing at home for the second straight week in a row. They won't drop this ball. Unlike Copeland. Maybe if Reynolds has a good game, Calgary might be able to keep the game within a touchdown. Maybe.
Game 2 has Toronto at Edmonton at 10pm ET following Calgary's game in Montreal. Unfortunately, I don't know if Toronto's defense will be able to stop Ricky Ray and his motley crew of young and unknown talent. I'd like to see Joseph have a good game, but winning at Commonwealth simply a difficult thing to do. While these two underachievers will make for a close game in the end, I think the edge has to go to the Eskimos... ugh.
Game 3 brings BC to Winnipeg on Saturday night at 8pm ET. Ah. At last, one of these two bottom feeders will win a game! I guess the question is: will Glenn, once again, outperform the rest of his team and watch yet another victory slip through his grasp? Or will the Blue Bombers finally tighten up their game? Last week, Steven said that Wally Buono didn't like losing and that would be all the motivation the Lions would need to win at home. Oops. Well, the word on the street is that if the Lions don't start performing, the heads will roll. Everyone in the BC locker room is still fighting for their lobs even though training camp is over. Which only accentuates the fact that tone for the rest of the 08 season is still being horribly set for both teams - and neither organization wants to leave Canad Inns Stadium 0-3.
And last, but certainly not least in the standings: game four takes Saskatchewan on the road to Hamilton for kickoff on Saturday at 4pm ET. Alright, so the Roughriders didn't play their best offensive game in a while against the hapless BC Lions - but who saw that outcome coming? Oh right... I did. While the Riders sustained injuries to key players on our offense and D-line, I think that Darian Durant will actually play a half decent game. Remember Rocky Butler's antics at the 2002 Labour Day Classic? I can foresee a similar result if the Roughrider defense stands up to Lumsden (which they will) and force Casey Printers off his rhythm early in the game. Lest we forget about the way Wes Cates has been playing in 08! If you were to tally up the total number of yards Cates has accumulated in the last two games (273) and compared them to the total yardage of every other receiver and running back in the league - he is second only to Montreal's Avon Cobourne (347). With a solid game from Cates, Durant will only have to be consistent in his passing game to put it in the win column.
Week 3 Power Rankings on TSN are as follows:
- Montreal (Last Week: T4)
- Saskatchewan (Last Week: T4)
- Calgary (Last Week: 1)
- B.C. (Last Week: 3)
- Toronto (Last Week: 2)
- Edmonton (Last Week: 7)
- Winnipeg (Last Week: 6)
- Hamilton (Last Week: 8)
Biggest Drop: Toronto -3
Chris Schultz is 3-5 against the World (2-6) and picks Montreal, Edmonton, BC, and Saskatchewan to win in Week 3.
Good Luck. God Speed.
Labels: Week 3




8 Comments:
Alright Dyl, here is whats going to happen.
Montreal
Edmonton
Winnipeg
Hamilton
And that is that
Luke is correct this week.
Montreal
Edmonton
Winnipeg
Hamilton
I will make no excuse for my poor performance last week other than when my team struggles I struggle. It's a good thing its all about to turn around.
Calgary
Toronto
Winnipeg
Hamilton
By the way, Is anyone else tired of double headers on Thursday nights? I have to stay up so late
Friday, Saturday, or Sunday would be much better. That's what we get when TSN runs the show.
Montreal - the nimble Calvillo will run wild.
Toronto - Edmonton tried really hard to lose last week. This week they won't have to try at all.
Winnipeg - 0 and 3 teams don't win the Grey Cup
Saskatchewan - Printers is bad.
ps. I've heard of biased blogging, but biased scorekeeping? Dylan with 8 correct picks?
Whoa there Stevie! You get 2 points per correct pick. 4 right picks = 8 points.
Ah, sorry there Dylan. I don't understand mathematics.
"I don't understand mathematics"
Who needs it in the AAFC anyways?!
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home