Sunday, July 20, 2008

Week 4 Recap

Four days, four football games. Doesn't it feel like it was eons ago that the Calgary Stampeders trounced the Hamilton Tiger-Cats?

Here's the weeks' rundown:



Game 1
: Stampeders 43-16 over Hamilton (Points: Everyone!)
Game 2: Lions 27-18 over Blue Bombers (Points: KDS, Myself)
Game 3: Roughriders 41-33 over Alouettes (Points: Luke, Steven, Myself)
Game 4: Argonauts 35-31 over Eskimos (Points: Steven)

Right before the Argo/Eskimo kickoff, I re-read Chris Schultz' prediction and Steven's little quip: "It's tough to win both ends of a home and home" and I thought about switching my pick to Toronto.

However, I didn't think that the Argos would have it in them to take Edmonton down - which I really wanted to see happen. Hindsight is always 20-20.

At this time last year, Kerry Joseph was 2-2 with the Roughriders and he started to settle down and make smart plays with his arm and his legs. Can he do the same in T.O? I'm not sure, but I wish him the best of luck, except for next week when he makes his return to Saskatchewan.

I'm not sure what is a bigger story: the fact that it has been 38 years since the Riders started a season 4-0 or the fact that despite playing a great game against BC, the Bombers are still winless? Is the Blue Lightning Skank-Gate scandal going to effect the Bombers' future performances? I don't think so. Those backsides aren't anything those players haven't seen before, eh Jamie?

Additionally, to make score keeping easier and so that we can all follow along, I have not only put our points up on the right side of the blog: but also how many wins you've correctly predicted against incorrect picks. Your tally of correct picks to incorrect picks should equal the number of games played so far in the season (4 games x 4 weeks = 16 games). Or I could just put up your correct picks over all games played. Which do you guys prefer? A Chris Schultz vs. The World style? Or an average style? I don't know if I'm even decided on which type... democracy rules so give me your two cents.

Week 5 picks will be due Thursday when Calgary rolls into Winnipeg.

Labels: , , , , ,

1 Comments:

Blogger KDS said...

I tuned into the TOR-EDM game last night in the 4th quarter, and was disappointed to see Edmonton in front. I thought I had picked Toronto! How excited was I when KJ ran in that final score. Now that I see I had picked Edmonton to win, I am disappointed a second time.

July 21, 2008 at 10:53 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home