Week 7: By the skin of their teeth
Last week was insane. First of all, BC had a huge lead on Edmonton and they blew it. Montreal blew Hamilton out of the water. Dinwiddie blew his chance of becoming the uncontested starter in Winnipeg. And DeAngelis blew the biggest kick of the season.
I won't stall any longer. Here's the point breakdown for Week 6:
Game 1: Alouettes 40-33 Tiger-Cats (Points: Everyone - Steve included!)
Game 2: Eskimos 35-24 Lions (Points: KDS)
Game 3: Argonauts 19-11 Bombers (Points: Myself, KDS)
Game 4: Roughriders 22-21 Stampeders (Points: Me)
This week has two teams playing a home-and-home series: the Riders/Stamps, and Lions/Esks.
Thursday's double header begins with Toronto at Hamilton followed by the Stampeders at Saskatchewan.
Game 1: Toronto at Hamilton, Thursday 7pm ET. I think that Hamilton is due for a win with Richie Williams at the helm. The Ti-Cats will be playing their division rivals at home sans Printers and Lumsden. Good riddance, I say! Those two are camera hogs and neither of them really perform when they're needed. I guess Lumsden is a good enough runner, but Tre Smith isn't a pushover either. While the QB controversy has died down at the center of the universe, it doesn't change the fact that Joseph is not back to his old, MOP form. His recieving corps played poorly against a Winnipeg team that was coming off a huge win against the Stampeders and, yet, all he could show for himself was 19 lousy points. I'm giving this to the dark horse: Hamilton wins a close one.
Game 2: Calgary at Saskatchewan, Thursday, 10pm ET. First and foremost: I have never witnessed, in person, an uglier win in my life. That game was truly horrific on both sides of the ball for both teams. The Riders had a fantastic running game (maybe thanks to the Armour ejection?) and Crandell didn't look terrible. He didn't look great, either. But then again, neither did Burris. We'll contain Calgary's running game - again - and play a better game of football at Taylor Field. And this time there won't be a single red jersey in the place. Saskatchewan wins.
Game 3: Montreal at Winnipeg, Friday 7:30pm ET. What did I say about Ryan Dinwiddie? Yeah. That's right. Listen if he's at the helm I don't know if they'll pull it out of the bag. Glenn is a superior QB and the problem he (and Ryan) is having with the receiving corps needs to end. If Dinwiddie is at the helm, Roberts is going to have to do a lot more than he has been (or lack thereof) in their previous 6 games. Bottom line: Montreal is the best team in the East and the Bombers are not. Montreal wins.
Game 4: Edmonton at BC, Friday 10:30pm ET. The Eskimos are clearly the dark horse in the West and Jock Climie actually stated that he thinks that it isn't too early to think about the crossover and that CALGARY could well be the fourth place team in the West to take the East's third spot in the post season. Yikes. However, that sounds like good news for anyone in Redmonton. That being said, I can't stand to see the Eskies win anymore than what they have already. BC is at home and they've been known to play with some passion after tough losses. Lions win.
TSN Power Rankings for Week 7 are:
Good Luck. God Speed!
I won't stall any longer. Here's the point breakdown for Week 6:
Game 1: Alouettes 40-33 Tiger-Cats (Points: Everyone - Steve included!)
Game 2: Eskimos 35-24 Lions (Points: KDS)
Game 3: Argonauts 19-11 Bombers (Points: Myself, KDS)
Game 4: Roughriders 22-21 Stampeders (Points: Me)
This week has two teams playing a home-and-home series: the Riders/Stamps, and Lions/Esks.
Thursday's double header begins with Toronto at Hamilton followed by the Stampeders at Saskatchewan.
Game 1: Toronto at Hamilton, Thursday 7pm ET. I think that Hamilton is due for a win with Richie Williams at the helm. The Ti-Cats will be playing their division rivals at home sans Printers and Lumsden. Good riddance, I say! Those two are camera hogs and neither of them really perform when they're needed. I guess Lumsden is a good enough runner, but Tre Smith isn't a pushover either. While the QB controversy has died down at the center of the universe, it doesn't change the fact that Joseph is not back to his old, MOP form. His recieving corps played poorly against a Winnipeg team that was coming off a huge win against the Stampeders and, yet, all he could show for himself was 19 lousy points. I'm giving this to the dark horse: Hamilton wins a close one.
Game 2: Calgary at Saskatchewan, Thursday, 10pm ET. First and foremost: I have never witnessed, in person, an uglier win in my life. That game was truly horrific on both sides of the ball for both teams. The Riders had a fantastic running game (maybe thanks to the Armour ejection?) and Crandell didn't look terrible. He didn't look great, either. But then again, neither did Burris. We'll contain Calgary's running game - again - and play a better game of football at Taylor Field. And this time there won't be a single red jersey in the place. Saskatchewan wins.
Game 3: Montreal at Winnipeg, Friday 7:30pm ET. What did I say about Ryan Dinwiddie? Yeah. That's right. Listen if he's at the helm I don't know if they'll pull it out of the bag. Glenn is a superior QB and the problem he (and Ryan) is having with the receiving corps needs to end. If Dinwiddie is at the helm, Roberts is going to have to do a lot more than he has been (or lack thereof) in their previous 6 games. Bottom line: Montreal is the best team in the East and the Bombers are not. Montreal wins.
Game 4: Edmonton at BC, Friday 10:30pm ET. The Eskimos are clearly the dark horse in the West and Jock Climie actually stated that he thinks that it isn't too early to think about the crossover and that CALGARY could well be the fourth place team in the West to take the East's third spot in the post season. Yikes. However, that sounds like good news for anyone in Redmonton. That being said, I can't stand to see the Eskies win anymore than what they have already. BC is at home and they've been known to play with some passion after tough losses. Lions win.
TSN Power Rankings for Week 7 are:
- Saskatchewan (Last Week: 1)
- B.C. (Last Week: 2)
- Montreal (Last Week: T-4)
- Edmonton (Last Week: 6)
- Calgary (Last Week: 3)
- Toronto (Last Week: T-4)
- Winnipeg (Last Week: 7)
- Hamilton (Last Week: 8)
Good Luck. God Speed!
Labels: Edmonton Eskimos, Montreal Alouettes, Saskatchewan Roughriders, Toronto Argonauts, Week 7
4 Comments:
ugh. Im terrible at this.
Toronto
BC
Saskatchewan
Winnipeg (my boys gotta straighten it out at some point)
Steve (via his email) picks:
Hamilton
Saskatchewan
Winnipeg
BC
THE winners are
Toronto
BC
Calgary (you'll see)
Winnipeg (c'mon Dinwiddie!)
Toronto
Calgary
Winnipeg
B.C.
This is a bit late, but I have no idea what's happened so far in the Ham-Tor game.
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home