Friday, October 17, 2008

The Final 3

There are only 3 games remaining to be played for every team in the CFL. It is do or die for several teams to make or break their post-season dreams. This week was hectic for me, and so, it will be reflected in this short post.

Get your picks in ASAP.

Game 1: BC at Edmonton, TODAY 9pm ET. Honestly, I could care less who wins. A win by either is not that great of news for the Riders. But, over all, I think that Edmonton will beat the Lions this week because of their home-field advantage and the fact that they want to stay as close as they can to their rivals in the West. Edmonton wins.

Game 2: Montreal at Toronto, Saturday 3pm ET. Calvillo looked stellar last week and it wasn't just because he was playing the Tiger-Cats. Oh, who am I kidding! It was exactly because he was playing the Ti-Cats! Good news for the Alouettes: the Argonauts are not that much better than Hamilton. Even though Toronto is playing at home, I can't see them knocking off a win against the East division leader. Montreal wins.

Game 3: Winnipeg at Calgary, Saturday 6:30pm ET. This pick is all emotion. I want Calgary to lose and lose badly. I'm not so sure it will happen at the hands of the Blue Bombers, but here's hopin'! Winnipeg wins.

Game 4: Hamilton at Saskatchewan, Sunday 3pm ET. This game bodes ill not for the Riders but for my study habits (I've got a mid-term on Monday and another on Tuesday). The Riders probably won't have Cates. They probably won't have Fantuz or Flick either. Bowman can play, BUT, he's on the 9-game and can't come off. Dominguez wants to play but Miller doesn't want to hurry him. In other news, the Tiger-Cats are terrible - but they've shown flashes of brilliance (albeit, only once outside Ivor Wynn). The Riders are coming off a humiliating loss to the Stampeders and they want to get back on the right track. Enter Darian Durant. He'll do well cause he wants to be their playoff starter. Hamilton had to win sometime, and they had their last win of the season already against Montreal two weeks ago. It's Rider time. Saskatchewan wins.

TSN Power Rankings for Week 17 are:
  1. Calgary (Last Week: 3)
  2. Montreal (Last Week: 2)
  3. Edmonton (Last Week: 5)
  4. B.C. (Last Week: 1)
  5. Saskatchewan (Last Week: 4)
  6. Winnipeg (Last Week: 6)
  7. Hamilton (Last Week: 7)
  8. Toronto (Last Week: 8)
Schultz is picking BC, Montreal, Calgary, Saskatchewan.

Good luck. God speed! (If you can't get your picks in on the web, text them to me!)

4 Comments:

Blogger KDS said...

B.C.
Montreal
Calgary
Saskatchewan

October 17, 2008 at 6:06 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

BC
Montreal
Winnipeg
Saskatchewan

October 17, 2008 at 8:16 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Thinking about it now, I wouldn't be surprised if Hamilton wins this week. I'll stay with the riders b/c its at home and it is an important game but I think it will be a close game.

October 18, 2008 at 1:13 PM  
Blogger D said...

Tomorrow, the Riders will have both Cates and Dominguez back!

October 18, 2008 at 6:28 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home